Fred (Wah Soon) Chow
Professor Chow’s current research focuses on:
- In vivo monitoring of light-induced electron transfers in leaf photosynthesis;
- Quantification and functionality of Photosystem II;
- Photoinactivation and recovery of Photosystem II
- Acclimation of photosynthesis to the light environment
- Cyclic electron flow around Photosystem I
- Entropy in relation to chloroplast structure and function.
His key areas of expertise are:
- Photosynthetic light-harvesting;
- Photosynthetic electron transport;
- Structural organization of photosynthetic membranes;
- Photosynthetic acclimation to the light environment.
Professor Fred Chow holds a PhD from Flinders University of South Australia, 1977 and a BSc (Hons) from The University of Tasmania, 1972.
In 2015 he was nominated as a Thomson ISI Highly Cited Researcher in the Plant & Animal Science category.